Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well, the "Day without Immigrants" is over, and it went about as I would have expected. Consider the following:

* No one involved with this insulting fiasco ever used the word "illegal" in conjunction with "immigrants"...which is, of course, the real issue.

* At many of the rallies, Mexican flags were in evidence along with American flags. Curious behavior from people who want to show how much they love the country they broke the law to enter.

* Most of the "immigrants" interviewed had woe-is-me sob stories about the fear in which they live and the problems they have because they don't have legal status. Well, DUHHH...you have broken the law! What do you expect?

I've said just about everything I can say on this topic, so I won't rehash all my old arguments again. If you care, go back and read my previous posts on the subject, in particular my compromise plan for dealing with the illegal immigrant situation. I will be sending it to my Senators and my Representative so that I can add one more bloviating form response to my collection.

To those of you who skipped work to demonstrate yesterday, shame on you. You ought to be fired. And to those of you who support them, shame on you, too: you are slapping the faces of law-abiding legal immigrants like my wife and many of my friends.

Want to live without fear? Obey the law. 'Nuff said.

Bilbo

No comments: