Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Fourth of July...Not!

Okay, enough's enough! Who forgot to pay the spring bill? Here I sit in my study, anxious to get outside and work in my garden, and the weatherman is talking about snow tomorrow here in Northern Virginia. Today is April 14th, for Pete's sake...not February 14th! How about a little sunshine and some balmy temperatures for a change?

I spent a few days in Colorado Springs on business last week, and woke up Friday morning to about five inches of snow, with another five or six inches predicted by the end of the day. Fortunately, my flight home made it out before flights started being cancelled (although we were delayed an hour for de-icing of the airplane and removal of luggage to make sure the airplane would fly). Unfortunately, my suitcase is still somewhere in luggage hell...but the nice people at American Airlines have given me a very attractive we're-sorry-and-we'll-get-your-bag-back-to-you-when-we-find-it letter to take its place. I need to be able to work in the yard to get my mind off my poor missing bag...and it's going to snow!

I'm ready for spring. I'm ready to work in the garden, take long walks with my wife, watch beautiful ladies in skimpy summer clothes, and relax out on the deck, swatting mosquitoes. Well, maybe not the swatting mosquitoes part. But let's save some of this snow for next Christmas, okay?

"White Christmas" just sounds so much better than "White Fourth of July."

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

No comments: