Wednesday, October 17, 2007

12 Hours and Counting...

In just over 12 hours, I'll be catching my flight to Las Vegas to meet up with Agnes for our long weekend quasi-vacation. This, of course, presupposes that I don't have the reservation fiasco that Agnes had when she flew out last Sunday (see Flying the Unfriendly Skies). I've done everything I can think of to make sure it's okay ... we'll see what happens when I show up at the counter tomorrow.

The main thing we want to do is just relax for a while and enjoy each others' company. Agnes has been working hard all week at the course she's taking - high intensity, with lots of math and legal stuff - and she'll need a chance to decompress and have some fun. Hopefully, without breaking the family bank.

We have reservations to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian, and the Cirque du Soleil show "O" at the Bellagio. We may also try to get a tour out to Hoover Dam (which we saw from the air on our last trip, as we flew by on our way to the Grand Canyon), if we can find one at a reasonable enough price. If not, there's plenty to do and see in Las Vegas, and I'll tell you all about it (well, maybe not all about it, wink, nudge) when I get back.

This will be my last post for a few days. We'll be back Sunday night, so don't look for anything before Monday morning (assuming we get back on time and I'm not overly comatose). Everyone have a great weekend, and I'll see you back here again early next week!

Have a good day and a better weekend. More thoughts when I get back.

Bilbo

P.S. - thanks to all of you who wrote to express concern for the personal safety implications of my recent posts. I appreciate the thoughts and will try to ratchet things back a little. But as I commented back, part of the problem is that few are willing to speak the their minds in an era of political correctness and moral relativism. I'll be more careful. But I won't change my mind.

B.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Have a great time Bilbo. I imagine the two shows you're going to watch will be AWESOME! Have fun!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Enjoy Vegas!!! I long to go there just to see all the lights :) and fountains :)

Unknown said...

It all sounds wonderful. Phantom of the Opera and Cirque du Soleil will be magical. Hope you have the best time ever.
Wow - enchanting holiday

Sue said...

Bon Voyage! *waves bye to you* Have a safe trip and hopefully your flight will be OK.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Enjoy it, Bilbo. I've see both POTO and Cirque De Soliel in London, so I know you'll like it.