Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

As another week staggers and gasps to a close and I look forward to a day of working in the garden in 90-degree heat, I need a bit of cheering up to launch me into the weekend.

Yes, once again, Bilbo presents Cartoon Saturday!

The first one is a bonus repeat...I've used it before, but in the context of my previous post, I think it's worth running again...

I enjoy poetry, and I love puns. It's great when the two come together...

Sometimes, what you need is a cartoon that sets up a really dumb joke. And if it's a pun, so much the better...


Blondie is one of my favorite running cartoon strips, and Dagwood and I understand each other all too well...

Some years ago, I was in charge of personnel matters for an Air Force unit, and we often struggled to put the right person in the right job. We tried all sorts of tests and methods of evaluation to make what sometimes turned out to be the wrong choice, anyhow. This particular test, we never had available...

I had to look twice at this one, but once I got it, I laughed myself silly (of course, it didn't take too much effort)...

Don't forget that I collect cartoons, and always welcome great ones that you might have hidden away. I'm particularly looking for cartoons with different takes on the same caption: two examples are "Any other messages?" and "I told you not to order in French!" If you have a favorite cartoon you'd like to share, e-mail it to me at bilbo_the_blogger at symbol yahoo dot com. Every contribution is welcome.

Have a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Trix said...

Love the first cartoon the best...he suggests that anyone may be sacrificed,except himself,lol.Thats just life,right? I could read cartoons all day long...sometimes I do just that If I get my hands on a book full of them from the library. Have fun and a great weekend, Bilbo :)

Amanda said...

I liked the sword in stone one.
Enjoy your weekend in the garden. We'll be in ours too. I'm trying to grow capsicums now....lets see how far I get.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I loved the Blondie one too. Have a great weekend :)

Mike said...

I hate it when I have to look stuff up. (no I don't) I got the pasta joke but could remember what rastafarianism was. Which lead me to Wikipedia, which lead me to Bob Marley, which made the cartoon funnier.
(Haile Selassies' hair wasn't curly enough.)