Saturday, June 06, 2009

Cartoon Saturday

Twenty-nine children were killed and more than 100 others were injured Friday when their day care center caught fire in Mexico; a massive landslide in the Chinese city of Chongqing has buried dozens of people; a new study suggests that more than 60% of personal bankruptcies are caused by huge medical bills; and authorities in Michigan believe a body found by fishermen is that of a five year old girl who had been abducted and murdered.

Whatever would you do without Cartoon Saturday to help keep your head above the bad news water?

Some time back, lacochran sent me a batch of cartoons about dogs that I've been saving for a rainy day. It's raining ...

And while we're talking about dogs, any votes for the worst pun of the day? ...

For some reason, Moby Dick turns up occasionally as a popular topic for cartoons. That probably won't last, he being the Great White Whale in a very PC society, but for now, he's still here ...

And I loved this one ...

Finally, what better to take your mind off the ills of the world than a discussion of fine lingerie? I read once that mermaids who are good at math wear algebras, while other women wear, well ...

I've run this cartoon before, and I donated it to Miss Cellania for one of her posts on lingerie a while back, but it's still funny ... and it fits the topic ...

It look as though the rain is finally going to stop and let us have a sunny day today here in Northern Virginia. It's about time ... my neighbors were starting to complain about the ark I was building in the driveway. And maybe I can finally get my poor, waterlogged garden weeded when Agnes isn't dragging me, kicking and screaming, to the 36th Annual Quilters Unlimited Quilt Show.

I can hardly wait.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

"to the 36th Annual Quilters Unlimited Quilt Show."

You've never mentioned the sadistic part of Agnes before.

fiona said...

Quilt Show?
As in showing quilts?
Amazing...