Thursday, August 06, 2009

Travel Adventures, Part 2: Scenes from Germany

The other day I showed you a few pictures of our trip so far. Here are a few more pictures that illustrate why I like it here...

There are castles with grand architecture. These pictures are from Hohenzollern Castle, which I showed you a picture of (from a distance) the other day...


Buildings have neat architectural features like towers, domes, and various decorative designs, and almost every house has colorful flower boxes at the windows...

People even have a good time with warning signs...

As I told you the other day, Singen has a beautiful city park and garden that we enjoy walking through as we go back and forth between our hotel and Agnes's parents' apartment. Here are a few more pictures of the park...


This last one is pretty interesting...several years ago a huge tree was cut down, and a large stump was left and carved in the shape of a beaver gnawing the tree down! Very clever...

Okay, it's now almost 10:00 PM, and I'm officially exhausted. It's time to go to bed. I'll try to post again tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes.

Have a good evening. More thoughts later.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for taking the time to post. These photos are beautiful. The place looks so clean and full of character.

Enjoy the rest of your stay there.

Mike said...

Why does the dog have 'no' on it instead of 'nine'?

Gilahi said...

@Mike - I thought the same thing, only I thought "nein".

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I love the dog poop warning :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Grea\t pictures. A real travelogue.