Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm Mad, MAD, I Tell You, Bwa-ha-haaaaaa!!!

Did you know that there was a book out there called the "International Handbook of Anger"? I thought not. Well, there is, and you can order a copy for that hard-to-shop-for hothead for a mere $199 at Amazon.com. It will be published next month. If you can't wait, you can read about it at Yahoo News here.

Yes - if, like me, you are infuriated by Republicans, Democrats, religious zealots, stupid drivers, and other assorted dumbasses, this is the book for you. Everything you wanted to know about anger, all in one place. Think of it as a guide to survival in modern America as you watch evil bastards loot the economy with impunity, childish elected reprehensives bring the critical work of the nation to a standstill in Congress, and people get away with all sorts of things because they're rich, famous, or otherwise privileged.

According to a study documented in this scholarly tome, the angriest Americans are likely to be those who are young, less educated, and have children at home. Young people - those under 30 - are thought to be more prone to anger because they are susceptible to three major bringers of stress: time pressures, economic hardship, and interpersonal conflicts at work, with financial pressures being particularly important (especially in the current miserable economic situation). Raising small children can also be stressful, particularly for younger or less-educated parents, and can lead to anger expressed as verbal or, at worst, physical abuse. And finally, people who are less educated are less able to understand and cope with the pressures of the world around them.

Well...

I don't fall into any of those categories, but perhaps that just helps me target my anger better. I'm waiting for the book to come out so I can go to the library ($199 is a little steep, dontcha know) and get in touch with my inner Hulk. If I'm going to be angry, it's good to know that my anger is the subject of professional assessment.

Yep, I'm mad as hell ... which is hardly the right attitude to have less than three weeks before Christmas.

Sigh.

Have a good day. Channel your anger away from your children. There are plenty of Congressmen out there who are working hard to earn it.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Aw...don't be so mad, like you said, its nearly Christmas :)

Surely there are lots of Christmas dance parties for you to attend. I know my parents are going to their dance parties on alternate days!

John A Hill said...

Today sounds as if you're angry enough for the both of us. I'll choose to have an anger free day. Tomorrow can be Mike's day to be angry. I'll pick one up later down the line!

Mike said...

I can take tommorrow as John suggested. It's working up to that anyway.

Wv: rockark - The Ark the dinosaurs were on for the great flood.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Get your anger book and try and tear it up whenever you are annoyed.

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Have you considered punching a pillow in order to vent your anger? You could pretend it is a Republican. :-)