Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hef's Wedding is Off...

Stop the presses! The engagement of Hugh Hefner, 85 year-old head of the Playboy media empire, to 24 year-old Crystal Harris has been called off by the prospective bride less than a week before the planned nuptials due to what Ms Harris says is a "change of heart."



You may recall that I wrote about Hef and Crystal's engagement back on December 29th of last year, and wished them luck. I got quite a few comments on that post, which featured words like "repulsive" and "nauseates" (the engagement, not the blog post), and led Mike to comment that "when she (Crystal) gets to be an old hag of 26, he'll dump her for a newer model."



Well, it appears that this time, Hef is getting to be the dumpee, rather than the dumper.



I'm sure he'll get over it, though, there being lots of busty blondes out there to choose from for another try ...



Last December, I wrote "...there's a part of me that's shouting 'Go, Hef - You carry high the banner of older men's dreams!' And there's another part of me that's saying, 'Ugh.'" Today, I'm just saying "ugh."


Give it up, Hef. Collect stamps, take up gardening, or build a huge HO-scale train set in the Playboy Mansion basement.

Retire with whatever dignity you can still muster, not as a vehicle for late-night talk show jokes.



That's all.



Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.



Bilbo

6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He creeps me out. I admired what he did back in the day and built this empire. However now he is just a creepy old man. I REALLY don't get the women who sleep with him. I don't need a job/career that badly man. It's just gross when you are 24 and he's the age of your grandfather.
Heebie Jeebies!!

Bilbo said...

I'm a creepy old man in training, myself, but I like to think I can maintain my dignity...

Mike said...

Maybe you can sneak in there and get yourself a 24 year old. Your a kid compared to him.

Anonymous said...

My fourteen year old brother Kenneth says Mr. Hefner is welcome to share our HO-scale Mount Clare and Cumberland Railway, but he would ask him to bring along two of the nymphettes.

Is anyone elase haveing issues with gmail and google accounts?

Anonymous said...

Um...hmmm...better make that three nymphettes. Kenny's is fourteen.

Margaret, look at the "girls" closely. Those babes have been ridden hard and put away wet more times than you can imagine.

KathyA said...

Can dignity, like entropy, be reversed? I think that bus has left.