Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A Worthwhile Investment of $2588.25


If I had extra money to spend frivolously (and who does, nowadays, outside of the 1%?), I think I know how I'd invest $2588.25 of it.

I found this wonderful product advertised at the Neatoshop this morning ...


Yes, Dear Readers, it's Doctor McPhee's genuine Snake Oil Soap, made with genuine cobra oil and delivered in a collectable tin ... only $5.95 per bar!

So, let's see ... $5.95 per bar, multiplied by 435 members of Congress, comes to (scratches head and furrows brow) ... $2,588.25*. Think of the advantages:

- Encourages members of Congress to clean up their acts!

- Pays homage to Republican economic and Democratic social theories!

- Makes it easier and more convenient for our elected reprehensives to wash their hands of the results of their ineptitude and intransigence!

Buy it now! Do your part to help clean up our political system. You'll also benefit the economy**.

It couldn't hurt.

Have a good day. Be clean. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* For a mere $23.80 more, you can add a bar each for Donald Trump, NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre, anti-tax gadfly Grover Norquist, and all-purpose blowhard Al Sharpton.


** Probably the Chinese economy.

8 comments:

Mike said...

You could probably get all the SOS you want right down the road from you from the 535 since snake oil anything is what they sell.

And since the 535 ooze snake oil, if they used the bars themselves the bars might just get bigger.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A hilarious suggestion to wake up to on Hump Day! So true.......so true.

Can the 535 plus the candidates be harnessed for their manure-generating abilities?

Big Sky Heidi said...

This is really cool that there really is such a product!

Banana Oil said...

What do people use snake oil soap for, anyway?

KKTSews said...

You must take a look at the Filthy Farmgirl Soaps from Hawaii at http://shop.filthyfarmgirl.com/

We met the guy behind this business at the Hilo farm market. Not only do the soaps smell wonderful, the labels are hysterical. His significant other makes the soap recipes but he does the art and verbiage. Wonderful double entendre.

So funny, in fact, I haven't brough myself to destroy the wrappign on some I bought!

KKTSews said...

*wrapping*

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

When I was a wee little thing I said a word in Italian that I heard in my family. Unbeknownst to me it was a dirty word. I had my mouth washed out with soap. Not pleasant but my sister likes to say while crying I blew a bubble. That is her memory of the incident. Mine not so much.
That got me thinking here Bilbo, why not use this soap to wash out Congress's mouth and Trump, NRA mouthpiece etc every time they say something stupid. (do we have enough soap?) That too would be a good use for such named soap. The name rather fits then as well. just a thought....

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Congress is beyond improvement.

I like the little Romney guy who wished to have his ass kissed. Or what it kicked?