Sunday, October 06, 2013

Temporarily Down for Maintenance


I didn't know what rhinopharyngitis was. As it happens, it's a fancy name for the Common Cold, and I've got it in spades.

This is positively the worst cold I've ever had ... it set in last week on Tuesday afternoon and I just can't shake it. I haven't slept a full night since last Tuesday night, have a W.C. Fields-caliber nose, and generally feel like hell, which is great when you have house guests.

All this is a roundabout way of saying that I'm sorry, but this is all the post you're getting today. My eyes are watering too much to see the screen, and I'm as cranky and grouchy as a Tea Party Republican. You wouldn't like anything I have to say today.

So ...

Come back tomorrow, when I hope to be in a better mood.

Have a good day. More thoughts when my head clears*.

Bilbo

* Although having an unclear head doesn't seem to have slowed down the far right wing of the GOP.

6 comments:

Insane Penguin said...

Best wishes for a restful day and relief of symptoms,Bilbo.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Poor Bilbo! I hope your symptoms run their course and you will not go in worse ones. Take it easy. Best wishes.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I hope you will feel better soon!

Mike said...

Maybe some nice hot 'tea' will clear things up. Maybe not.

KathyA said...

OY! I hate colds! Make sure it does not travel to your chest. Even a non-productive, persistent cough could be dangerous.

Yes, tea is good. Tea with a lot of brandy, honey and lemon. And maybe some rum... Oh hell, just medicate the hell out of yourself! Feel better, dear friend.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Feel better soon, Bilbo!