Friday, June 13, 2014

Advice for Surviving Friday the Thirteenth


Today is Friday the Thirteenth. Do not do any of the following, all of which will compound your bad luck:

1. Allow a black cat to cross your path.

2. Walk under a ladder.

3. Light three of anything on a single match.

4. Break a mirror.

5. Spill any salt.

6. Open an umbrella indoors.

7. Say "What's the worst that could happen?"

8. Dial a phone number containing three sixes in a row.

9. Vote Republican.

10. Vote Democratic.

Be careful out there. You have Cartoon Saturday and Poetry Sunday to look forward to.

Have a good day. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those ten things sound doable, especially since there's no primaries today.

Still, I'm going to hedge my bet by tossing a coin into a well.

Big Sky Heidi said...

We should think about doing what some hotels do with the 13th floor: eliminate the 13th if it falls on a Friday. I could like with March or July 32nd.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Just stay in bed today.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I made the mistake of saying #7 and it wasn't Friday the 13th.
After a disastrous move I said it out loud - then the roof collapsed from all the heavy snow.
I no longer will utter that phrase again because I don't want it answered.
Be it the 13th or not!

Mike said...

The weather here finally has no rain forecasted for today. It's a trick to try an get me to go outside. It's not going to work.

Banana Oil said...

The day is half over. Good deal.