Friday, October 24, 2014

More Great Moments in Editing


Gonzo Dave called me out two weeks ago on some of my selections for Great Moments in Editing, suggesting that they were not so much editorial faux pas (fauxs pas? fauxes pas? faux passes? whatever) as intentional puns or bits of irony. No matter. They're funny, and that's what counts, eh? Here's our selection for this period ...

There's nothing like a little truth in advertising ...


Things seem to have changed a lot since I went to the prom ...


Aerosol? ...


Bankers' mathematics ... no wonder the economy is so screwed up ...


I wonder if they needed four people with different lengths of fingers to sign the performance ...


Yes, that's how he always sounded to me, too ...


It's what you need for cooking foreign cuisine ...


Or fixing your bilingual hedgehog ...


I've always hated those bones ...


And finally, you just know there's a great backstory here ...


There you have it - another collection of gems found in print and video. Do they reflect poor editing or were they deliberate? You decide. Just enjoy the ride.

Have a good day. Come back tomorrow for the Halloween Edition of Cartoon Saturday.

More thoughts then.

Bilbo

7 comments:

Duckbutt said...

Bilingual hedgehogs probably speak some esoteric language that no one knows, like Latin.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

All I can say is that it much have been a rockin' prom.

And can you get hedgehogs that speak Cajun French?

Linda Kay said...

I thought we would be trying to avoid the after prom situation,not encouraging it! Love the boneless watermelon ad.

Mike said...

I wonder how the arousal spray works. Spray on or up the nose.

allenwoodhaven said...

While Gondola Dave has a point, I agree with your broader definition of editing. Some may be done just to have fun but others certainly from stupidity. Boneless watermelon; need I say more? Another superior collection, Bilbo!

allenwoodhaven said...

I meant Gonzo Dave; #@*! spellcheck...

Gonzo Dave said...

I... um. I just.... [smh]

None of these fits the theory of an editor having some fun, IMO. But that boneless watermelon reminds me that my Dad used to chew his Jell-o *very* loudly. He'd crunch his teeth together and claim it was bones in the dessert.

And I don't mind being Gondola Dave, although all I have is a kayak right now. :-)