Sunday, May 03, 2015

Poetry Sunday


We all have things we like and things we don't. This poem from Philip Schultz walks us through his list ... some of which I share, and some of which I don't. How about you? ...


What I Like and Don't Like 
by Philip Schultz 

I like to say hello and goodbye.
I like to hug but not shake hands.
I prefer to wave or nod. I enjoy
the company of strangers pushed
together in elevators or subways.
I like talking to cab drivers
but not receptionists. I like
not knowing what to say.
I like talking to people I know
but care nothing about. I like
inviting anyone anywhere.
I like hearing my opinions
tumble out of my mouth
like toddlers tied together
while crossing the street,
trusting they won’t be squashed
by fate. I like greeting-card clichés
but not dressing up or down.
I like being appropriate
but not all the time.
I could continue with more examples
but I’d rather give too few
than too many. The thought
of no one listening anymore-
I like that least of all.


And if you want to know what Robbie Fulks likes ...



Have a good day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, preferably doing something you like.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Robert Fulks seems to be an interesting fellow. I enjoyed his poem!

Gonzo Dave said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk64JluO4CI

Mike said...

I agree with Schultz on most things.

Duckbutt said...

That was a great poem by Schultz.