Saturday, January 14, 2017

Cartoon Saturday


Agnes and I are on the road, cheering our granddaughter Leya on as she competes in the divisional rock-climbing championships in New Jersey. Thus, the usual news summary won't appear this week ... but I'm sure you can find enough bad news on your own.

This week, for our last Cartoon Saturday before the inauguration of president-elect Trump*, I thought a selection of cartoons about fortune tellers might be appropriate as we cringe and wait for what's to come ...

Those annoying online ads are everywhere ...


Financial advisors and fortune tellers, the same caveats apply ...


True enough ...


That's probably how it really works ...


Fortunetellers can be annoying, no matter how famous they are ...


Well, events developed as foreseen ... 


Be sure to read the sign correctly ...


Yes, that would put a damper on her business ...


Must be embarrassing ...


Sometimes, the fortune isn't as good as it first appears ...


And there you have it - just in time to help you steady yourself for the inauguration. A few shots of good stuff from the bar won't hurt, either.

Have a good day. Come back tomorrow for Poetry Sunday. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

* I can't bring myself to say it out loud.

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Nowadays going to a fortune teller is no longer a lark - people worry about what sooths will be said. Great cartoons!

Mike said...

Reminds me of the old joke that an economist is just a fortune teller in training.

allenwoodhaven said...

Great cartoons! Especially liked the surprise party.

Hope you had fun in my current home state. Which part were you in?
I live north central. Had I known you were coming I'd have baked a cake!

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer said...

Those were inspired.