Friday, September 15, 2017

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


As you know, last weekend Agnes and I traveled to Ohio to visit our son and his family (four of the six grandchildren). The two older children go to Beavercreek High School, the mascot of which is - as you might suspect - the beaver.

Now, I cheer for the battling Beavers of Beavercreek as loudly as anyone else, but you have to admit that the choice of mascot has some unfortunate connotations ... "beaver" being a somewhat crude nickname for ... um ... private parts of the female anatomy. All of which brings me to the first group of entries for this week's Great Moments in Editing and Signage, which feature playful editorial references to the humble beaver ...







You will note that I didn't offer any commentary on those. I figured that anything I said would only get me in trouble.

Here are a few more gems to round out this week's collection ...

Perhaps they should have used aliases ...


Why am I not surprised? ...


This street must be in an older part of town ...


Finally, I hope this poor fellow got reunited with Amber ...


And so you have it ... the second collection of Great Moments in Editing and Signage for the month. I hope you enjoyed beavering through them, ha, ha.

Remember - I'm always happy to accept your inputs for "great moments." Snap a photo or scan a newspaper or magazine item and e-mail it to me at der(underscore)blogmeister(at)yahoo(dot)com, and I'll give you a shout when I use it.

Have a good day, and come back tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

P.S. - My mission to meet my fellow bloggers continues! Yesterday afternoon, John Hill and I had dinner together when he passed through NoVa on his epic motorcycle road trip. We had a great time getting to know each other, and I for one am looking forward to our next meeting. Sadly, he did not bring any good Ted Drewes custard packed in dry ice ...


Bilbo

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

You've got to admire a man that has such a fine collection of beaver pics and articles!

It was great meeting you, too.

Mike said...

So I guess I'll have to get out my used blow up doll, inflate her, then ask her if her name is Amber.

Beaver Medical? Somebody has a great sense of humor.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That person missing the blowup doll must have issues - He/she even named it!

Having beaver pictures gotten out of style because of the newer grooming techniques from Brazil or Uruguay?

Atomic Dog said...

Be sure to stay for the beaver show!