Monday, April 30, 2018

Incels


In the wake of the awful vehicular attack in Toronto last week, I learned a word I'd never heard before: incel. It's an abbreviation for involuntarily celibate, used by a class of juvenile and frustrated men to refer to themselves and their inability to attract the attention of women.

Oh, for Pete's sake.

If you have to blame and hate women for your own inability to make yourself desirable, you're not an incel, you're an imbecile.

I was a shy and non-athletic textbook nerd for most of my young life* and yet managed to get my share of dates and eventually find and marry a supremely desirable lady. I think I managed it by trying to be a pleasant and interesting person who recognized his own strengths (and weaknesses) rather than bitching and complaining about how the deck was stacked against him. I worked within the rigid and often frustrating social order that exists at every grade school, high school, and college, and came out all right.

Don't be a whining incel. Don't blame women for your own inadequacy. Be a real man.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* This will no doubt come as a surprise to those of you who know me as the present-day manly stud and witty raconteur.

6 comments:

allenwoodhaven said...

Wow.
I had not heard of this word and the concept it represents. Unfortunately, I can now see its reality. I wish it didn't exist and thus even need a word, but am glad to know the word.
Sigh...

Mike said...

Maybe it's their ability to repulse women that's the real problem.

Grand Crapaud said...

Sounds like a bunch of losers.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

So where does it say that women should accommodate these clowns? They sound screwed up.

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

Guys like those is why humans invented masturbation. No worries that they will procreate.

Travelerideas said...

I like this explaination: it wasn't subosed to mean ANYTHING. Bilbo just wantet to give them something to think about. And if they do that, they also think about him.

TravelerIdeas